Monday, September 24, 2012

Spelling Program kick off

On Friday I gave your child their first spelling list and we will have a spelling test today.  Each child had their own personalized list which comes from errors they made when I dictated a word list to the entire class.  You will not be able to call a friend for their words because no two lists are the same.

The first words that I have given them are ones that need to be mastered by the end of grade three.  There are 110.  From there I will use a list that contains the 3000 most common words in English to create word lists.

Our "test" days will be day 3 and day 6.  Students must spell the words correctly, 3 test days in a row before they will get new words.  The idea is that if they can spell them correctly three times in a row they will transfer them into their personal writing correctly as well.

Words lists will be in their agendas.  This weeks words are on p. 27 in the agenda.
If you would like more details, let me know or stop in so I can show you how it works.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment