Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spelling News

I am going to use an individualized spelling program with the grade three/four students this year.  In preparation for that, we are doing spelling work this week and perhaps into next, which will give me the basis for your child's spelling list.  I am using the 3000 most frequently written words in the English language as the basis for the program.  Over the next several days, I will dictate words to the students for them to spell and then record any errors they make.  The words that they have errors with, are the words that will become their spelling list.  We will have weekly spelling tests once the word lists are compiled and each word will have to be spelled correctly three consecutive times for it to be "dropped" from their list.  My goal is to make the spelling more meaningful and more transferable for each child.  If you have any questions or would like to meet with me so I can show you the word lists, please let me know.

Look for word lists in their agendas the week of September 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment